Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chinaman's hat











Christy wanted to kayak to the chinaman's hat and then climb to the top before she left Hawaii (*crying*), so we got kayaks, loaded them on the top of my car and drove to North Shore, where we paddled out to the island (that looks like a chinaman's hat...) and climbed the deceptively steep little mountain. We had a lot of fun and many laughs (as usual) on the way there as the kayaks were trying to blow off the top of my car. After we finished our paddle/climb/paddle...we drove to one of the shrimp shacks and had this totally delicious, messy, and super-fresh shrimp. Then on the way home from that we stopped by the Dole plantation and had Dole-whip(for any who haven't been to Hawaii, it's like soft yogurt made from pineapple, and it's divine!)...it was so much fun and it was like our last hoorah before she left. I'm writting this in January and I'm sad that she's gone- I miss her bunches!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Yeah! I love the pictures!!! It's about time. I look awfully fat I can't belive you didn't crop the pictures more. I guess a picture of my eyes and nose wouldn't be that interresting though. Thanks for finally sharing

sunshyneshanny said...

I know...I stink, sorry it took so long, my scanner was broken and of course they were with the 35mm....and btw..you do NOT look fat, you are not fat! You're such a goof!